If you know someone you think might be committing fraud, there's an easy way to report it.

Anyone who suspects someone they know is falsely claiming benefits or illegally subletting should contact Epping Forest District Council.

This includes housing tenancy fraud, such as leaving a property empty, and council tax fraud.

Those who falsely claim for business rate exemptions can also be reported.

Finance portfolio holder Cllr Gagan Mohindra said: “Fraud is not a victimless crime. Don’t think that reporting benefit fraud is wrong or underhand.

"If a fraudster commits fraud in the Epping Forest district we will use the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 to seize and confiscate their assets.”

To report fraud, call 01992 564444 anonymously.