Leyton Orient fought off relegation into the National League once again after defeating Hartlepool United 2-1 at Brisbane Road.

Young guns Victor Adeboyejo and Tristan Abrahams gained the mighty three points for the O’s having cancelled out Rhys Oates’ opener.

The O’s looked destined for relegation however, the passion on and off the pitch was evident throughout as the entire stadium unified against owner Francesco Becchetti.

Omer Riza’s side are now seven points from safety and face Crewe Alexandra on Saturday away from home.

Orient started the brighter of the two as Michael Clark cross fell to Loam Kelly in the area but his shot was deflected and collected by Joe Fryer.

One minute later, Aron Pollocks ball over the top found its way to Victor Adeboyejo and from a tight angle his shot was kept out by the Pool keeper.

But Orient’s good spell was killed off in the eighth minute when Oates found a way through the Orient defence and tapped the ball home past Sam Sargeant.

In the 11th minute whistles blew out around the ground in a protest against owner Francesco Beccehtti.

Eleven minutes past three was significant as there has been 11 managers in charge in the three years the Italian has owned the club.

The home side found the equaliser 10 minutes later when Clark delivered a great cross for Adeboyejo to slide in and register his first goal for the club.

The Pools should have restored their lead when Padraig Amond played it across goal for Lewis Alessandra but he fired the ball straight at Sargeant.

The O’s went straight down the other end as Steven Alzate played in Adeboyejo who shot narrowly wide of the post.

Orient kept possession and had another go two minutes later when once again Alzate found Abrahams in the area.

The forward drilled it across goal for Adeboyejo whose shot was saved and cleared by the Pools defence.

Abrahams doubled the home side's lead when the young forward collected a pass from Alzate, who beat his man in the box, and the young player rifled home an amazing strike beyond Fryer.

Pool tried to find the equaliser just before half-time when Nathan Thomas let fly from the edge of the area but Sargeant was equal to the effort.

Henry Ochieng also wanted to register his first professional goal for the E10 club but his strike from 30-yards out went straight over the bar.

Into the second half, Hartlepool gained more possession in the early stages but failed to get away any clear cut chances.

Abrahams thought he had made it three for the hosts when his half-volley looked destined for the back of the net from an Ochieng pass.

But Fryer made an excellent save to tip the ball over the bar and the impending corner come to nothing.

Hartlepool gained a free-kick in a dangerous position and Michael Wood’s set-piece was put straight into the penalty area but Kelly was on hand to put the ball out for a corner.

The visitors kept pressing and almost reaped the rewards in the 67th minute when a teasing cross from the left was missed by both Oates and Amond.

The Pools began to get more and more frustrated and Brad Walker was subsequently booked for hauling down Josh Koroma and preventing an Orient attack.

In what was a nail-biting moment, the visitors thought they had snatched a point but Pollock got back at the last second to Claw Oates’ effort away.

A minute later, Pool went reduced to 10-men when Liam Donnelly was dismissed for squaring up to referee Dean Whitestone.

Orient held on for three points and at the end fans raided the Matchroom Stadium pitch to vent their frustration at Becchetti.

Orient starting XI: Sargeant, Clark, Pollock, Mezague, Semedo, Kelly, Collins, Alzate (McCallum 70), Ochieng, Adeboyejo (Koroma 76), Abrahams (Moncur 84) Subs not used: Janata, Dalby, Happe, Janse Hartlepool starting XI: Fryer, Magnay, Featherstone, Thomas, Walker, Amond (Rodney 71), Oates, Alessandra, Deverdics (Woods 45), Harrison, Donnelly Subs not used: Bates, Hawkins, Blackford, Rooney, Dudzinsk