M25, M1, M11 AND A1(M) MOTORWAYS TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: MFN0590410
M25, M1, M11 AND A1(M) MOTORWAYS TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that Highways England Company Limited intends to make an Order on the M25, M1, M11 and A1 (M) Motorways in the Counties of Essex and Hertfordshire, and the London Boroughs of Redbridge and Havering, under Section 14(1)(a) and 14(7) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 because works are proposed to be executed on the road. The effect of the Order would be to authorise the overnight closure of:-
1. both carriageways of the M25 between Junction 27 (M11 Junction 6) and Junction 28 (A12);
2. both carriageways of the M25 between Junction 22 (A1081) and Junction 23 (A1(M) Junction 1);
3. the northbound carriageway of the M1 between Junction 5 (A41) and Junction 6A (M25 Junction 21A);
4. the southbound carriageway of the M1 between Junction 6A (M25 Junction 21 A) and Junction 6 (A405);
5. both carriageways of the M11 between Junction 4 (A406) and Junction 6 (M25 Junction 27);
6. the northbound carriageway of the A1 (M) between Junction 1 (M25 Junction 23) and the tip of the nosing of the entry slip road at Junction 3 (A414);
7. all slip/link roads leading to or from the lengths of carriageway described in 1. to 6. above; and
8. the link roads at Junction 4 (A406).
These measures would be in the interests of road safety while contractors undertake bridge works, geotechnical, drainage, electrical, communication, carriageway, structure maintenance and surveys, barrier works, vegetation clearance and all associated works.
It is expected that the work would last for approximately 5 weeks starting on or after Monday 18th January 2021. The overnight closures would take place between:-
22:00 - 05:30 Mondays to Thursdays
23:00 - 06:00 Fridays
22:00 - 06:00 Saturdays
22:30 - 05:30 Sundays
The Order would come into force on 16th January 2021 and have a maximum duration of eighteen months Traffic affected by the closures would be diverted using other junctions of the M25, M1, M11 and A1 (M) and by using the A12, A113, A405, A406, A414 and the A1081.
The temporary closures and diversion routes would be clearly indicated by traffic signs when they are in operation during the works period.
J Downham, an Official of Highways England Co Ltd. Ref: HE/SE/2021/A1M/207 Highways England Company Limited, (Company No. 9346363). Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ. A company registered in England and Wales.
For enquiries, please contact the Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000 or