WAREHOUSES could be demolished and a row of houses built opposite a disused tube station.

An application submitted to Epping Forest District Council on behalf of Propiteer Ltd requests permission to knock down two large warehouses on Blake Hall Road, Ongar.

As well as a car park that caters for about 28 vehicles and 20 lorry deliveries a day, the site is immediately east of Blake Hall, a disused station formerly on the Central Line.

The station opened in 1865 and was named after a large country house about a mile north east which was inhabited by a land owning family.

The station closed in 1981 and has since been converted into a private family estate with outbuildings.

If the plans are approved, the warehouses would be replaced with ten four bedroom houses with one garage and two driveway parking space.