The last bus a young man drove before his death took mourners to a funeral attended by hundreds of his loved ones.

On September 1 a grey Peugeot 2008 collided with a black Yamaha motorbike driven by Donald Ukwunnah on the A113 London Road in Stapleford Tawney.

The 38 year-old Romford dad was pronounced dead at the scene.

On October 1 a number 48 TfL double decker driven by Mr Ukwunnah before his death ferried mourners to his funeral at St Patrick's Cemetery in Leytonstone, followed by a reception at La Royale in Tottenham.

More than 600 people turned out for the Collier Row resident, many wearing 'Teflon Don' shirts in his honour.

The mourners sang in English and Nigerian before Mr Ukwunnah's friends filled in his entire grave with shovels.

Tracey Aromolaran, his sister, said: "It is amazing to think that he touched so many people's lives.

"There were so many kind things that he did that we never knew about.

"For example, he collected his neighbour and took him to his chemotherapy appointments. He sat with him through the treatment.

"Little things that he never bragged about."

Mr Ukwunnah, who was described as a "gentle giant" by his family following his death, was training to be a driving instructor.

Ms Aromolaran added: "Yes he was very tall and big, but he was very respectful.

"Because he was a bus driver he got to know so many people.

"He would always wait that little bit extra so elderly people could get on the bus okay."

She said that the bus driver's children Kiyane, 12, and India, five, were "up and down" following the crash, but were being supported by their "very, very close family."

As investigations into the crash continue Ms Ukwunnah says the family want justice to be done and have called on police to investigate thoroughly.

An Essex Police spokesperson said: "The driver has been voluntarily interviewed in connection with the collision and has been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.

"The investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident is still in its early stages, however it has been established the vehicles were involved in a head-on collision."