The ex-girlfriend of a man jailed for brutally attacking her after she discovered he was cheating fears he could be released from prison.

Jak Kosta, 32, of no fixed address, was sentenced to 15 months imprisonment for causing actual bodily harm and criminal damage on Wednesday, June 12.

He pleaded guilty to the offences and was also made subject to a ten-year restraining order.

His former partner, Emma Bignall, 30, from Loughton, sustained facial injuries She suffered numerous facial injuries including a black left eye, bruising around the right eye and ear, a cut to the bridge of her nose and bruising to her body in the attack on Sunday, December 16, 2018.

The mother-of-one now suffers with the trauma and physical pain from the abuse.

Kosta has applied for early release and could be released as early as October, Emma has told the Daily Mirror.

She told the paper: "There is a fear he will try and come back.

"But that's one of the reasons I'm speaking out."

The former couple were together for four months, meeting each other through dating app Tinder in August 2018, with Kosta moving in to Ms Bignall’s home a month later.

After discovering that Kosta had been having sexual relationships and messaging other women through his mobile phone, Ms Bignall confronted him.

After telling him that the relationship was over, Kosta began punching walls in the home and damaged items before headbutting her and stripping her naked.

Fearing she might be harmed, Ms Bignall tried calling a friend but this call went to an answerphone, the message left helped record the attack.

After suffering two hours of being brutally attacked for two hours, Ms Bignall’s call for help was eventually answered by a neighbour who heard her screams.

Essex Police arrived at the scene at around 5.30am.

Speaking after his sentencing, Ms Bignall said: “I was attacked after becoming suspicious about Jak’s behaviour and confronting him about what I had seen on his phone.

“I was then subjected to a brutal and violent attack for over two hours.

“He kicked, punched and dragged me by my hair from one room to the next and I remember how he head butted me several times to the face.

“I passed out from the pain and woke finding him stroking my face in what I found to be a creepy and possessive manner.”

She said: “If my neighbour hadn’t called the police, I honestly believe I would have subjected to an even more sustained attack with severe consequences.”