Leyton Orient let a three-goal lead slip away at BetVictor Premier Division side Bishops Stortford, drawing 3-3.

Two goals from Lee Angol either side of a Jordan Maguire-Drew penalty had Orient in control at the break, but second half finishes from Luke Callander, Jamie Cureton and Aaron Greene pulled the home side level.

Ross Embleton made a number of changes to the line-up that started Saturday’s win over Dartford, with only Josh Wright starting both matches.

A calm opening 10 minutes saw limited opportunities for either side, but Stortford came the closest when former O’s striker Jamie Cureton was played through. However, he flashes his effort just wide of the target.

Stortford then created another opportunity when Yassier Nazor was threaded through by Luke Callandar, but he took too long to shoot and Orient snuffed out the danger before Janata was then called into action to deny Aaron Greene.

Perhaps marginally against the run of play, or at least the flow of chances, the visitors took the lead when a well-worked corner routine saw Jordan Maguire-Drew drill across the floor to Angol, and he fired in first-time with an effort that just kissed the crossbar.

Shortly after, Angol was involved again as Orient doubled their lead. He raced onto a through ball and was caught from behind as his effort was saved by Fred Burbidge, allowing Maguire-Drew to step up and confidently steer home the resulting penalty.

The visitors were getting into their stride now and Angol should have added his second when Maguire-Drew’s perfect cross found him at the far post, but Burbidge did well to claw the effort off the line.

Angol, though, did grab his second when some good feet from Conor Wilkinson created the space needed to find the former Shrewsbury Town striker in the area, and after some good footwork himself, he slotted into the far corner to make it three.

The half-time lead looked to be comfortable enough for Orient to hold in the second half, but the deficit was reduced almost immediately after the restart when the ball was played over the top to Luke Callander and, after allowing it to bounce, he volleyed over Janata to make it 3-1.

Orient’s first chance of the half fell to Wilkinson when the ball broke his way at a tight angle in the box, however, his low effort was kept out by the foot of Burbidge.

That kept the scores down and the gap was reduced further just past the hour mark when Cureton bundled home from a corner to put the hosts within one goal of levelling.

Level they did, as well, as a fierce free-kick whipped in by substitute Olly Miles diverted into the bottom corner – Greene credited with the final touch although it appears to come off O’s forward Wilkinson.

Apart from some minor scares for both sides, the goal was the last major action of the match, and Orient now prepare to face Norwich City XI at the Breyer Group Stadium on Saturday.

Orient line-up: Janata; Judd, Trialist A, Ogie, Sweeney; Wright (C), Trialist B, Gorman; Maguire-Drew; Wilkinson, Angol

Orient subs: Sargeant, Ekpiteta, Happe, Brophy, Ling, Shabani, Sotiriou, Alabi