Walthamstow continued their fine start to the season with a 5-0 win over Sporting Bengal United in the FA Cup Extra preliminary round.

Stow started their Essex Senior League campaign with a 7-0 thrashing of Tower Hamlets and they were in the mood once again as Dwade James’ brace came alongside goals from Jamie Bennett, Samrai Gebrai and Daniel McCullock.

After James’ first and Gebrai’s strike had put Stow two to the good after 21 minutes, Bengal were reduced to 10 men when Charles Gregory was given his marching orders, and the third arrived just four minutes after his dismissal through Bennett’s finish.

There was little to separate the two sides in the second half until a flashpoint in the 77th minute – Bengal were reduced to nine when Rokib Choudhury was dismissed, but Walthamstow’s Billy Jones was also sent from the pitch.

It still paved the way for two late goals, as McCullock made it four on 85 minutes and James completed his brace three minutes later to ease their side into the preliminary round where they will play Great Wakering Rovers.

Redbridge exited the FA Cup at the first hurdle as they were defeated 4-2 by fellow Essex Senior League side Hadley.

Taylor Tombides gave The Motormen the lead with a cool finish but Hadley soon turned the game on its head as two penalties from Alfie Batram put them ahead.

Connor Okus levelled proceedings once more before the half-time whistle, but the hosts took it up a notch in the second half to go ahead.

Solomon Ofori regained their lead as he finished off a neat passing move, and Sam Lyon’s sweet strike put Hadley further ahead and out of sight.

West Essex joined Redbridge in being eliminated at the first stage of the FA Cup after they were defeated 2-1 at home by Whitton United.

The hosts fell behind after 18 minutes when Liam Wales put Whitton in front and that was how it remained until the break after West spurned a glorious opportunity to equalise, blazing over after the Whitton keeper had blocked an effort on the line.

The home side found their equaliser less than 10 minutes after the restart as Joe Lefley’s wonderful delivery was headed home by captain Tom MacLeod to level the match.

Despite some more pressure from the hosts, who were being frustrated by a good performance from the Whitton goalkeeper, they fell behind once more as Jamie Cole raced through and lofted over the keeper to make it 2-1.

Some late launches into the box weren’t enough to force an equaliser, and West Essex go out a stage earlier than they made it to last season.

Finally, Ilford were defeated 2-1 by Harwich and Parkeston as they joined Redbridge and West Essex in being knocked out at the first hurdle.

Kevin Coyle headed the visitors into the lead at the far post and Jordan Heath doubled the lead 10 minutes after the break to put them in command.

Valter Simao’s strike halved the deficit with 12 minutes remaining to give Ilford a glimmer of hope, and they pressed for an equaliser in that time, but it wasn't forthcoming and they were eliminated.